What a Heart Attack is what happens here and really what factors play a role. Why the supposedly dangerous cholesterol plays role, which methods of treatment and medicine that can help you.
Heart Attack Disease
Myocardial infarction refers to the local destruction of heart muscle tissue (myocardium) due to local circulatory disorder. The disease is usually formed on the floor of a coronary heart disease (CHD). Atheromatous plaques narrow the lumen.
Small tears of fibrin on the surface unstable “vulnerable” plaques can lead to an activation of platelets lead. Heart attack can sometimes be acute and life-threatening and requires intensive specialized medical treatment.
A major role in the disease causes makes the atherosclerosis (hardening of arteries) of the coronary arteries. The Coronary heart disease causes the formation to arteries deposits (plaques).
By the formation of plaques decreases in the diameter of the vessels and leads to restricted blood flow.
Modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors:
- Elevated cholesterol levels.
- Obesity and lack of exercise.
- Increasing age.
- Familial aggregation of heart attack / stroke.
The disease often comes without warning is in 40 percent of all cases the heart attack the first sign of a disease of the coronary vessels. The typical symptoms of heart attack include: (The symptoms begin suddenly and last for more than 15 minutes).
- Pain, feeling of pressure, tightness or burning in the chest area, typically behind the breastbone.
- Possibly Broadcast of the pain in the arms, shoulders, the neck, the jaw, the back and or the upper abdomen.
- Possibly the pain accompanied by shortness of breath, weakness, paleness, Sweating, nausea or vomiting and great anxiety.
- Increased blood pressure and pulse etc,.
In an acute attack, every minute counts. Therefore generally applies even the slightest suspicion immediately alert the ambulance. Call quickly the emergency number. The sooner treatment is started, the better the chances of recovery.
The 1st hours after a heart attack are crucial. Firstly emergency measures to be taken on the spot and the other further action after posting to a hospital.
The necessary first aid measures may depend on the effects of myocardial infarction. In a heart attack in the worst case lead to an immediate cardiac arrest. Until the emergency services arrive, the following immediate measures must be taken during a heart attack:
- Alert the local emergency number.
- When emergency address, name and age of the patient as well as discomfort and known risk factors indicate.
- Patients immediately put with raised upper body on a sofa or bed. Check whether the individuals are conscious and breathing.
- Open restrictive clothing like tie and unbutton shirt bra or above.
After the arrival of the paramedics initiated one of the first measures for heart attack treatment. For the severe pain associated with disease, strong painkillers are necessary. The growth of the clot or the emergence of further clot prevents Anticoagulant medications.
After admission to the hospital at least two to three days occurs for one monitor in the ICU, as the first 48 hours after a heart attack are particularly critical.
The monitoring in the ICU includes continuous monitoring of ECG and blood pressure. The person concerned receives for further treatment a vascular access system (central venous catheter) placed and is fed via Nasogastric tube with oxygen.