Kidney stone disease have evolved in the industrialized countries to a kind of common disease. According to estimates, about 5-10% of people suffer at least once in their lives to kidney stones.
Men are affected 3 times more often than women. These Kidney stones can contribute by damming the urine and a urinary tract infection resulting in chronic Pyelonephritis.
Kidney Stone Disease
Kidney stone are stones in the urinary tract and is the most common diseases of the kidneys. They arise because the urine precipitate dissolved substances are deposited as fine crystals and clump together to form larger structures, the so-called concretions.
Kidney Stone Types
Kidney stones are vary according to the nature of their chemical composition. The most common stones are:
- Calcium stones, usually made of calcium salts (calcium oxalate or calcium phosphate) built up (85%).
- Uric acid stones, composed of uric acid, such. As a result of purine-rich food or gout (5%).
- Magnesium ammonium phosphate stones (struvite stones), which often occur in conjunction with infections (10%).
- Cystine due to a hereditary metabolic disorder (rare).
Kidney stones are salt deposits that accumulate in the kidney. The risk factors for the development of kidney stone are:
- Disorders of uric acid metabolism.
- Excessive Meat Consumption.
- Rapid weight loss without proper hydration.
- Bedridden with consequent loss of calcium from the bones.
- Frequent urinary tract infections.
- Excessive consumption of foods that contain a lot of oxalic acid, such as spinach, rhubarb, beets, cocoa, chocolate, black and green tea (oxalic acid, in conjunction with calcium calcium oxalate stones).
- Diseases that hinder urine flow and thus lead to a urine concentration, such. As kidney malformations.
Symptoms of kidney stone are as fallows: Sudden, violent, stabbing, cramping, wavy pain that may radiate to the back, the lateral lower abdomen, the groin or in the genital region (labia, testicles) depending on the location of the kidney stone.
- Nausea, retching and vomiting, Stools and flatulence.
- Frequent urination little urinary quantity (urinary frequency) and not suppressing urination.
- Restlessness Sweating, tendency to collapse.
- Fever, chills, and painful urination with additional urinary tract infection.
Small urethral stones up to a size of approximately 4 mm can come off by itself in the urine. To support the process, the doctor will usually advise you to drink a lot.
Uric acid stones can be dissolved with medication in some cases. In addition, he will receive drugs that make the urine alkaline (ideal pH: 6.2 to 6.8) and dissolve the stone thus.
The medical intervention should be carried out as an option only in cases where other
Options have failed, or shall not be applied. It can be necessary if a kidney stone is not spontaneously came off after a certain time and caused permanent pain.
Kidney stone home remedies are as fallows.
- Apple cider vinegar is a natural remedy to dissolve kidney stones. Drink glass of warm water with 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar 4 times a day to eliminate stones through urine.
- A whole pomegranate per day can support the natural treatment of kidney stone disease. In addition, drink at least a glass of freshly squeezed pomegranate juice.
- One of the best home remedies for kidney stones without removing OP is a mixture of lemon juice and olive oil. Take 1/2 cup lemon juice and adds 1/4 cup olive oil and drink 3 times a day.
During one week, the first kidney stone should be excreted.