The following visa category H-IB is specified for specialty occupation workers.
The most famous temporary work visa for US immigration, many foreign professionals such as engineers, scientists, computer scientists, etc. work with the help of the United States, is still the H-1B visa.
The H-1B category is limited in number and subject to a certain quota system “H-1B cap“, which for a US tax year respectively (Fiscal Year FY) applies.
- The US tax year begins on October 1 and ends on September 30 of the following year. The tax year 2015 (FY 2015), it will start on October 1, 2014, and ending September 30, 2015th.
I-visa “Foreign News Media”
Many citizens of Western European countries can be immediately outside without a visa for up to 90 days in the United States – even to limited business activities.
Nevertheless journalists a separate I-visa required. However, many media workers still use in good faith visa-free entry “Visa Waiver Program” or the B-1 visa.
L-1 visa “Intra Company Transferee
The L-1 visa is a work and residence permit for the United States. This category allows internal staff transfer within a group of companies from the current location to the US foreign location.
- L-1 visas are often applied in the context of classical assignments, but can also be used for an extended project and / or assembly operations on the US site or on site.
NOTE: This is the L visa to a quite time-consuming and expensive procedure. As a result, companies should practice in deploying the E-1 or E-2 visa.
- L-1A and L-1B visa
The legislature distinguishes between L-1A visa applications for Managers / Executives and L-1B visa applications for specialists..
- The maximum stay under L-1A status amounts to up to 7 years, L-1B visa holders may be up to maximum of 5 years residing in the United States.
O-1 visa “Extraordinary Ability”
The O-category allows up work for especially talented, foreign persons in the United States at a US company or a US immigration department or by a US agency. The O-1 visa is available only to persons of extraordinary ability in specific work areas.
Distinction between O and O-1A-1B visa
The US immigration authorities differ in O-1A and 1B, O-Visa.
- For O-1A visas are people who have exceptional skills in the field of science, education, business or sport to qualify.
- For O-1B visas are people who have exceptional skills in the field of art or have rendered exceptional services in the field of film and television industries qualify.
Permanent Visa (Green card)
A non-immigrant visa is often easier and faster to get than a green card. In many immigrants wonder, therefore, if it does not make sense to 1st apply for a visa to come to the US as soon as possible, and then to be taken locally in the US in peace the green card process in attack.
US immigration specified several Green cards categories: In addition to the universally known lottery and green cards for refugees and asylum seekers, a fundamental distinction between job-based green cards and those family ties to US citizens or other holders of green cards presuppose.
Certain exceptions (esp. For parents, children and spouses of US citizens), is available for the latter two categories, only a limited number of green cards. Accordingly, it may take several years, it has been held up on the request.
US immigration in Urdu